Kirkland Lake’s new aquatic centre will become the social ‘heart’ of the community – a place where young and old and people of all abilities meet for fun, fitness and friendship.
This will be a multi-faceted facility, with features that appeal to all and emphasize community and inclusiveness.
- Community and Competition: A six lane pool for hosting competitive meets and satisfying the most demanding athletic swimmer alongside a leisure pool area for more relaxed users.
- Accessibility: Barrier free for the physically challenged and the youngest and oldest of swimmers.
- Therapy: A pool tank with shallower and warmer water. Hydrotherapy, shallow water exercise, weightlessness and water resistance programs for promotion of rehabilitation and stress relief.
- Fitness: We support healthy living enthusiasts with an endless variety of programs, from lap swimming and aqua-fitness, to deep water running and core strength development.
- Skill Development: Building of critical life skills for all users -- warm shallow water for young children means greater comfort and better learning, while the standard competition pool allows for stroke enhancement and lifeguard training.
- Fun: It’s all about fun. Relaxing in the lazy river, zooming down a winding slide, playing on the bubble floor…
- Enhanced Training: Renovation of the existing pool structure will create new non-aquatic fitness and rehabilitation opportunities